Thursday, March 10, 2011

Landscaping: Phase 1 of 15,6879

Our house is situated on a somewhat wooded lot.  Those woods have been encroaching on our yard for the last decade and now it has completely taken over.  
Well, not completely, but almost!  
For the past few years I have been getting estimates and meaning to have some trees cut down and the underbrush cleared, but it never seemed to happen.  
Well this Spring I finally pulled the trigger.  

Men came with chainsaws and cut away at the underbrush:


Men climbed with chainsaws and sawed off branches:

and then climbed higher:

oh, mylanta!  
(c'mon, I know you watched Full House.  Gotta love those DJ Tanner one-liners)

This is around the time when he called for his Mommy and a bottle of milk:

no lie...

This is where he kissed it up to God and 

swung!

From one tree...

to another...

and, yes...while he is swinging around like Tarzan, he has a chainsaw tied around his waist.  
Mommy!!

TIIIMMMMBBBBEEERRRRR....


Good catch!

Then:

Did I mention this is where I would like to plant a garden...

Now:

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I bet you will make a beautiful garden, you will grow tomatoes, peppers, and green onions - then we'll make fresh salsa :)

    ReplyDelete