Sunday, September 19, 2010

Liquid Diet

I recently had 2 wisdom teeth pulled out.  It sounds barbaric, but I really didn't feel a thing.  I have a great oral surgeon who gave me pills to calm my nerves and stuck needles in my gums to make them numb to any pain.

Again, it sounds barbaric, but it was really quite lovely.
Ok, it wasn't 'lovely'.
More like, uncomfortable...
Which is a word that came up a lot in the past few days.

"How do you feel?"  
"Uncomfortable."  


"Are you in a lot of pain?"  
"I wouldn't call it 'pain'.  More like 'uncomfortable'."  

However, I am starting to feel more comfortable, which is why I am able to sit at my computer and type a quick blog.  I just wanted to let you all know that if/when you have wisdom teeth yanked out of your mouth you will probably have to go on a liquid diet.
The thing about liquid diets is: all you consume is....(wait for it)...liquids.

I ain't joshing ya.

A liquid diet is, by definition, a diet consisting of liquids.  So, you pee a lot.  And by 'you' I mean 'me'.  But, we'll just stick with 'you' for the purpose of this story.  Sounds better for you to be uncouth than me.

And, you are hungry ALL.THE.TIME.  
No chewing for you!
No food in your belly, just liquids.
Which, have I mentioned, make you pee.  A.LOT.
And by a lot, I mean, all the time and for long lengths of time.
You know what I mean?  I won't go into any further detail.
Sorry, please come back...keep me company...it's time for my meds...
I'll be better next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment