Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Something's different...

Construction is underway on the foyer area.  We cleared everything out and it looked like this:


We cleared some landscaping in the front and it looked like this:

The original front door is to the right of the glass.  There is a little porch area there.  

And then I went to bed.  
I woke up, ate my breakfast, went outside and the front of my house looked like this:


and the inside looked like this:



They hung a blue tarp up so the whole living room had a blue hue.  It was fun just seeing the shadows of the workers going up and down their ladders.  Like a peep-show... or not... anyway....
They were very careful removing all the glass, and I think it was a much easier job than they had anticipated.  They only shattered one piece and I am still finding little shards on the ground in front of the house.  However, I know that there will be a deck/porch going up over it soon enough so I am not too worried about picking up every single piece (that would be impossible).  I just make sure that the kiddie winkles and their friends always keep their shoes on when they are playing out front.  



No comments:

Post a Comment