Thursday, April 22, 2010

Banana Bread






This is one of my favorite cookbooks.
It has the best waffle recipe ever!
It is the only recipe I use when making waffles.



mmmmm
I see waffles in my future
mmmmm





Sorry, I digress.



Today I noticed that my bananas
were in a state of despair.
I heard them calling to me.
Banana bread...
Turn us into banana bread...
Banana bread you say?
Well, if you insist!






And look!
A recipe!
In one of my favorite cookbooks!
What luck!




ok, enough with the exclamation points! oops, sorry

The recipe called for nuts, but there were none in my pantry.
Nuts!

Then, my daughter said
'wouldn't it be yummy if we put chocolate chips in it?'

Why, yes, I do believe it would be yummy if we had
chocolate chips to put in our banana bread.

Alas, there were no chocolate chips in the pantry.
Geez, pantry, what is wrong with you today?

But, then, I found this:

Pantry, you have redeemed yourself, thank you!


We broke up the chocolate into a bunch of little pieces
and threw it in the batter
do you see those little hands? love them.

With a few other ingredients we turned it into this:
mmmmmm
I may even put a pat of butter on my piece
mmmmmm

Oh, and your house will smell delicious.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is winners find a way and you did! Mmmmm...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete